Sunday, June 29, 2008

Its' A Grand Old Flag




The Fourth of July is almost upon us. Seems like there was snow on the blog just a bit ago. I love to decorate my mantle for all the Seasons and Holidays, the 4th is one of my favs. I like to use toiles and blue willow patterns for the reds and blues.
I think that is fun instead of just the primary colors . I love flags too.



Course I love old tobacco tins too, very Americana. Always a chicken too because it's fun to Set the Chickens Free!





Found this darling little Marine print a couple of years ago and he has become one of the staples of the 4th display. The last pic is my favorite. It's what America is all about folks doing things that are great. How each and everyone of us no matter how different we are all stand united under one flag. Now that's pretty cool. So here is to Life,Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Happy Fourth of July!



(Pictured my Son Charles,USAF)

3 comments:

Patina said...

I love your display, and that sweet picture! Wow! Love the picture of your son, you must be very proud. Hope you have a wonderful 4th.

High Desert Diva said...

Always fun to see your mantel shots!

Maison Douce said...

It all looks so wonderful, Braeda!! Have a great 4th!!
Isabel